Motherboard + graphics card problem

Post if you need help with anything technology related

Motherboard + graphics card problem

Postby PRO » December 3rd, 2013, 4:12 pm

So as most of you know, I've recently upgraded my pc to Core i5 3.00ghz with its own motherboard and 8gb of ram, now im going to buy Geforce GTX 660 or 770 for my PC, but i wanna know if my motherboard can actually accept the graphics card.. but the problem is i dunno my motherboard's model number n shit (although its intel)

so .. can you guys help me? i need to know my motherboard's model + if it can run the GTX 660! thanks :3
Want a nice ass Signature like my past ones? Please hesitate and don't ask me. :)
PRO
Necromancer
Sponsor

Re: Motherboard + graphics card problem

Postby CurbShifter » December 3rd, 2013, 9:14 pm

install this and see http://www.piriform.com/speccy
CurbShifter
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby DruSkiN » December 4th, 2013, 1:35 am

Even on older PCIE you could run it just fine but to get full potential you need motherboard with pcie 3.0
Today you are a loser , tomorrow you are a hero
Never give up on what you have already begun
DruSkiN
Clan Member
Clan Member

Postby PRO » December 4th, 2013, 10:06 am

I'm not good at this shit D:
I've got these results: http://i.imgur.com/uMltDMK.png ..... IS DIS FINE?
Want a nice ass Signature like my past ones? Please hesitate and don't ask me. :)
PRO
Necromancer
Sponsor

Postby CurbShifter » December 4th, 2013, 10:37 am

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ ... h61ww.html

One PCI Express* 2.0 x 16 bus add-in card connector
One PCI Express 2.0 x 1 connectors
One PCI Conventional bus connector

So it will work but as dru said, but you need a 3.0 slot to get everything out of it. better check your power supply too btw
CurbShifter
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby PRO » December 6th, 2013, 5:29 am

CurbShifter wrote:http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/desktop-board-dh61ww.html

One PCI Express* 2.0 x 16 bus add-in card connector
One PCI Express 2.0 x 1 connectors
One PCI Conventional bus connector

So it will work but as dru said, but you need a 3.0 slot to get everything out of it. better check your power supply too btw

how much will it cost me to buy one with 3.0 slot?
btw, i've also bought a new power supply 5 days ago, ill send a pic about it when im connected to my PC
uhm, if i put the graphics card on my current motherboard, will i be able to play cod ghosts with 60 fps or higher? my cpu and rams and other shit like that can handle it really well, but .. the graphics card wid dis motherboard?
PRO
Necromancer
Sponsor

Postby CurbShifter » December 6th, 2013, 7:11 am

It will work, and tbh i think it will play fine. Its just that you spend a lot on a GPU without being able to use all of the new GPU. Dont expect you can put all graph settings on 'high'. If you dont have much more money to spend you can just try it like this. Otherwise get a new MOBO, CPU and RAM
CurbShifter
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby PRO » December 6th, 2013, 3:59 pm

CurbShifter wrote:It will work, and tbh i think it will play fine. Its just that you spend a lot on a GPU without being able to use all of the new GPU. Dont expect you can put all graph settings on 'high'. If you dont have much more money to spend you can just try it like this. Otherwise get a new MOBO, CPU and RAM

i like having high resolution but i dont care about anti aliasing and shit like dat, but i think ill buy a new MOBO, i have 294$ dollars, spending 200$ on the cpu will cause a great loss, but how much money will it cost me to buy the mobo? (ill buy it for sure), or just gimme a name of a good mobo that supports my core i5 and 8gb of ram please? (ddr3 shit or wotevor)
im sorry i horribly suck at technology :D
PRO
Necromancer
Sponsor

Postby aRcTiC » December 6th, 2013, 4:07 pm

Unless you have a beefy gpu along with sli/crossfire running games at insane resolutions pcix 3.0 isnt a game changer yet.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/07/ ... nce_review
aRcTiC
Clan Member
Clan Member

Postby PRO » December 7th, 2013, 4:12 am

The ASUS P8Z77 WS is over priced in my opinion, although its an awesome piece for gaming, but I dont have 335$ for it.. I've seen the difference between the pcie 3.0 and the pcie 2.0, the maximum difference of FPS was 4% between the both, but the topic was related to the GTX 680, and I can only buy the GTX 670 because I dont have much money (I have 300$). I can get the most out of the graphics card with my current MOBO, i guess :D.. think imma buy the GPU only, with my current mobo.. thanks arctic and curb :3
edit:// btw, if I one day decide to upgrade to i7, will it fit to my current mobo as well?

this is the GPU that i'll buy
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperClocked ... ds=gtx+670
PRO
Necromancer
Sponsor

Next

Return to Tech Support